Thursday, December 17, 2009

Today in Emailing With Jessica



Me: Sometimes I'll be doing research for my book and randomly come across something that tickles me to the core. I was looking up something for my karaoke chapter this afternoon when I encountered this nugget from Wikipedia:

Both Salt and Pepa appeared on VH1's Hip Hop Honors in November 2004, as the trio were honorees. Spinderella did not attend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt-n-Pepa

Jessica: Oooh. Was there a falling out with Spin, yo?

Me: Seems like they just went their separate ways. Pepa married the guy from Naughty by Nature. Salt tried a solo career as a Christian rap artist. Spin is now a radio personality in L.A. and her daughter recently appeared on an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen. Interestingly, she's not the original Spinderella. They started out with a different one, but she was replaced after the first album and they just called the second one Spinderella, as well.

Jessica: If you took this individual email as a standalone dispatch, not part of a conversation...well, it'd be regarded as one of the most awesome emails ever.

No comments: