Monday, March 09, 2009

Long Time No Blog


Sorry I've been an absentee blogger. I'm spending all my time writing the book these days. Actually, writing is a bit of an overstatement -- more like typing while simultaneously having a nervous breakdown and going into cardiac arrest. The final draft is due to my publisher exactly four months from today and I'm woefully behind; so I might not be 'round these parts too much until it's finished. (Did you see how I implemented the semicolon just then? Is that even correct punctuation? Don't you always feel unsure when you deploy the semicolon? Using semicolons is like writing your first book or folding fitted sheets. You never really know if you're doing it right.) Anyway, know that I am thinking about you and wishing you were here. Because then I would make you write the book for me while I lie on the couch and drink martinis.

11 comments:

Ranger Tom said...

My novel is a never-ending affair. Some days I think I'll never get it done. Pesky little things keep getting in the way like my job.

Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable

elena said...

Best of luck! I know the book will be fab ~ youre a great writer.

Jackie said...

This sounds like how my thesis went. I could always find an excuse not to write it--happy hour, MTV Road Rules VS Real World Challenge #245 was on an all day marathon, the grout is unusually dirty today...

Anonymous said...

You can't go MIA now! I just found you. Ok, I found you after watching a David Letterman show. Julia Roberts was on, and it reminded me that she had this unusual feature. Her forehead is a display case for this giant blood pipeline that you can see barely contained below the surface. So of course I googled this particular feature and found that your blog already covered it. I read a few more entries and do like your style, (the naked bloggin) and your writing is pretty ok too.

Sincerely
Hurtcules

MIke said...

Good luck! We'll all be sure to buy up all the copies so you can get on the NYT best sellers list!

John said...

I just get my internet back and look what happens.

Be sure to take a book tour around the south. And not just Texas.

nancy said...

best of luck noelle! love your entries here and look forward to the feature-length version. sure you'll do us proud.

eve said...

your hiatus suits me fine. i got laid off, decided to trip around the world, and don't have much access to the internet. so glad im not missing any of your funny! best of luck writing your book, i really do love your blog, cracks me up all the time.

Cob the Crazed said...

Just remember the golden rule of writing. Eating, typing, and sitting all day long makes the booty big and plump!!! Be warned.

Anonymous said...

The Sham Wow guys gets himself arrested, and you are busy trying to make a buck.
Opportunities like these don't come around often. The least you could do is a couple sentences.

Yours Truly,

Hurtcules