Friday, February 27, 2009

Time Warner Cable: The Power of You Rearranging Your Entire Day Around a 4-Hour Window of Home-Bound Time

Me: I'm finally back online. My internet was being a little punkass so I had to have Time Warner come over here and get crunk on it.

Lateefah: So my wild imagination actually envisioned someone in a Time Warner uniform finger snapping and neck rolling, yellin' at the internet line "Aww, hell naw...yo' ass better work, dammit!"

Me: That's actually pretty much how it went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(In related news: I recently came across the website howcrunk.com which I enjoyed immensely, even if it took me awhile to figure out what "livin' with your paper" meant.)

1 comment:

Perry said...

So my TWC experience goes like this:

Move from East Village to Brooklyn, TWC lady says that I can go ahead and just take my box and it will work fine and dandy..

It doesn't.

Wait for an appointment 4 weeks later for the guy to switch it out for a new box..

That doesn't pick up any of the HD channels that I love.

Wait 4 MORE weeks for the next appointment, 8 - noon.

Wake up at the ungodly hour of 8.

12:15 I call TWC - "Hey man, where's the guy?" TWC - "he said that he came and noone was home"

Reschedule the appointment for 2-6 PM.

Leave a note on the door - "PLEASE RING BUZZER #1 IF YOU ARE COMING TO FIX THE CABLE"

6:15PM I call TWC - "Where the !@$@#$%#$ is the guy??" TWC - "he said that he came back and noone was home"

Needless to say that if I had access to guns and a lot of bullets I probably would have went full metal jacket on someone's ass...

and also that I'm now a DirecTV customer.