Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I'm a Published Author!



Sort of! My six-word memoir was selected for the book Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak: By Writers Famous and Obscure, which goes on sale this week. (I'm assuming I fall on the "obscure" end of this spectrum.) The description reads:

From the heart's high moments ("She kissed me and said yes") to its lowest ("Never should have bought that ring"); with both piercing big-picture insights ("Found true love; married someone else") and peculiar daily realities ("Married Russian. Brush teeth with vodka.") you've proven a lot can be said about love in just a half-dozen well-chosen words.

My contribution, naturally, was the somewhat less moving "Don't trust a man who waxes." Because "Don't trust a man who shaves his balls" was too long. It's in the promotional video -- 40 seconds in -- after Erica Jong's (!!!). I have no idea who the girl is in the picture that accompanies my memoir, but she does a solid frowny face.