Sunday, November 23, 2008

Today in Texting with Jessica

Jessica: You know you're fat and out of shape when you pull a hamstring cleaning out your closet.

Noelle: I pulled a hamstring the other day while sitting down.

Jessica: I'm in serious pain, had to take a cleaning time-out.

* * * * *

On a related note, you know you're getting old when all of your friends who signed up to run a marathon this year had to drop out after suffering some kind of body ailment during training. See this is why I don't bother doing things anymore. You spend five months getting up at 7 a.m. every weekend to go on some painfully long run only to be sidelined at the last minute by a stress fracture. I also don't trust any form of "exercise" that comes with a high probability of my toenails falling out and me spontaneously crapping my pants. That is my line in the sand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exercise sucks!

Miss Grace said...

My line in the sand gets drawn WAY before yours.