Sunday, November 16, 2008

As Economy Worsens, So Does Our Taste In Movies

P.S. Why does Theodore look like Turtle from Entourage?

Jessica texts me the other night, “Uh, Alvin and the Chipmunks movie? I can’t look away.”

I know how she feels. In desperate times such as these, we have to make sacrifices which, for me, meant cutting all of my premium channels earlier this year. Now the movies I watch are dictated by whatever happens to be on TNT, USA and TBS. (Regarding TBS: Why do their commercials always seem to come back to Tyler Perry? If I hear that man's name again, I'm going to start seizing. I'm serious about this.)

Just a few of the movies I am embarrassed to admit that I've seen in the last month:

Final Destination, 1, 2 and 3
The Ring (This is actually a good movie. The problem is that I watched it three times – in one weekend.)
Iron-Jawed Angels
Conspiracy Theory
The Wedding Date

Saving Silverman can only be next.

10 comments:

Daughter said...

It's SO true, movies are getting crappier and crappier and for some reason I still voluntarily torture myself by watching them (this means you The Happening, where plants kill all.)

Noelle Hancock said...

I came VERY close to On Demanding 'The Happening' the other day. It was a dark moment.

Anonymous said...

AMC has been running the first two Godfather films most of the weekend. Those are always a good bet.

Michael Powell said...

Well since this seems like an appropriate venue for confession, I did watch Robocop 3 last week. It was no Leprechaun 3 but held its own. Oh look Striptease is on, gotta go.

Laura said...

I watched this with the aim of killing time before the Ricky Gervais comedy special. It was ridiculous how much I loved it. I haven't claimed to be cool for a long time but in cause I ever had any doubt...

Molly said...

Oooh the Ring. It was on TNT or something like that a few weeks ago and I couldn't. stop. watching.

Of course then I had nightmares for two nights but hey.

Miss Grace said...

Iron Jawed Angels? What does this mean?

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't watch Santa Baby with Jenny McCarthy. Then I'm afraid we're talking serious psychiatric problems.

Lindsey said...

I watched the ring twice a few weekends ago also. It WAS good. Same wavelenght as usual.

saramginer said...

ummm the happening ROCKED - woe is me...