Monday, October 06, 2008

'Mars' Attacks East Village

I would tap that, 'burns, 'stache and all.

Stalking Imperioli from afar.

Forgive me Father, for I have stalked.

This is so much better than that orange Lamborghini douchemobile that's usually parked there.

This guy totally hated me.

Then this guy came to chase me away.

The new TV show Life On Mars is shooting in my neighborhood today. All of the cars on the street have been replaced with 1970s rides. Pretty groovy. They’re filming at my place of worship -- Most Holy Redeemer Church -- and coincidentally an actor that I worship -- Michael Imperioli –- is on set today. (I never got into The Sopranos, so to me he will always be Detective Falco of Law & Order and Crackhead Jojo from Bad Boys).

They've been filming one scene where Imperioli beefs it out with some guy in the church then hauls him outside and throws him up against a car, threatens to "kick his ass," then someone hits someone and they fall down on the pavement, which is actually covered with gymnastics mats to cushion the blow.

I’ve been making up excuses to walk by the set all morning (I need eggs! I must go to the corner grocery store! But I forgot to get coffee! I must go to the deli!) hoping one of the crew would be like, “Hey, you! You in the sweatshirt with the unbrushed hair! Mr. Imperioli has personally requested that we give you a walk-on part in today’s episode. Are you interested?”

Anyway, it didn't happen. It was more like, “Uh, ma’am? Could you move to the other side of the street, please? You’re in the shot.” But above are the photos I managed to get before they chased me off the set.

P.S. Later they actually blew up a car and a door flew 40 feet up in the air. It was pretty sweet.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are demented. Not in an entirely bad way though.

Elena said...

Anonymous commenters are so strange, lol.. Anyway, you are so lucky you live where cool stuff is filmed! The only movie filmed in my city was a super-crappy one with Carmen Electra in the 90's.

Anonymous said...

are you the nut who writes the comments for usmag's comment section?

Noelle Hancock said...

Haha. No, but back when I was the site's blogger, people sometimes got on the comments board and posed as me, which was pretty strange.

Anonymous said...

joking aside, Noelle, if you turn out to be the person who has been stalking me and harassing me online for over a year now (and which started at the usmag site, as you seem to be very well aware of), I will def take all legal action I can against you. I realize that you seem to be suffering from some mental problems, but that excuse stalking behavior and harassment. I take you're also the person who writes for cl?

Anonymous said...

*doesn't

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I am always a day late and a dollar short! I am so excited for this show and they were right around here taping. Bummer!
Have you seen anything on the show. I watched this Starter Kit thing ABC put out and it looks so good!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvL4Z-XXYNg

Mach 5 said...

I prefer to think of him as Spider from Goodfellas. Poor Spider, serving an irate Joe Pesci drinks did not serve you well.

J said...

"they actually blew up a car and a door flew 40 feet up in the air."

When I was growing up, two brothers robbed a bank in our town. To distract police they blew up 2 cars at opposite ends of Main Street (with timers apparently) while they did the robbery. One of the cars was in a mall parking lot. All the cops were rushing to the explosions and that enabled the robbers to get away (they were caught months later).

Anyway, the roof of one of the cars was found on top of the 3 story mall. I thought that was so sweet!!!

Stigs said...

michael imperioli was sweet in Dead Presidents. however, it wasn't cool when the Vietcong chopped his schlong off and stuck it in his mouth. sorry for the bad mental image.

those pictures are great btw.

BCA said...

what are the odds that Lamborghini in the Sir Mix-a-lot video is the very same car (repainted, of course) you reference usually parked out your place? better than you might think. can you investigate?

Kylie said...

THATS FUCKING AWESOME.

Chance Haywood said...

Is Noel dead? Or did she finally get a freakin job?

The Bargain Shopper Lady said...

Hey!
That's so cool. I did an interview on bargain shopping for the Boston ch 5 news. Do you guys get that in NYC or would that be a rivelry due to your baseball teams. :)
~Lori
The Bargain Shopper Lady

Big Squirrel said...

when is your next appearance on red eye? that show needs a shot in the arm it is getting stale!!!

Noelle Hancock said...

Awww, fanks! I'll be on November 6 and November 20.

Mom, if you're reading this, do NOT set your TIVO. Do not tell our relatives to set their TIVOs. There will be penis and vagina jokes, most likely uttered by me.