Thursday, September 25, 2008

Unemployed Girl


It's amazing how Kazimir Malevich's "Unemployed Girl" is still relevant today even though it was painted in 1904. This is basically what the scene is like at my apartment. Except instead of that bench, it's an Ikea Ektorp armchair. Instead of a park behind me, there is a wall that is slowly closing in on me. Instead of the jaunty bowler hat, there's a backwards baseball cap that says "Aruba: The bar is open!" across the brim. It's sole purpose is to keep me from pulling out individual strands of my hair, which is what I do when I'm stressed out. I am wearing a tie but it's really more of an autoasphyxiation thing. Like this girl, I am also wearing last year's clothes because that was the last time I could actually buy clothes. That was a pretty genius touch on Malevich's part, by the way. Just look at that skirt. So 1903.

6 comments:

Chance Haywood said...

I'll post this again because I'm thinking eventually this is all going to sink in to your noodle. While you are looking for the next job why not become your own boss kiddo. I've read the traffic on your blog. With some tweaks it wouldn't take long for you to make money. Put that domain of yours to use. Upload a content management system into it. Set up a an account on something like BlogAds. Sure int the short term you will still need to seek work through other people but if you believe in your talent then use it to your advantage.

dorothee_derooy said...

Yeeeaah you're back writing! I think chance has a point. Your writing is amazingly witty and smart. Best blog ever. I've already started promoting you on my blog dorothee.tumblr.com. It's in Dutch so enjoy reading that.. But just wanted you to know I am force feeding Amsterdam and all the rest of the Netherlands your brilliance. Now get back and write me up another portion of hilarious. Thank you!

hesslei said...

I've been out of work for a while and I'm feeling pretty useless. I don't have to worry so much about money because my husband has a great job, but I feel like I'm not contributing enough to the household. I do all the housework and stuff and make dinner, but I feel like that's something even working women do and I should be able to contribute monetarily as well.

----------------
hesslei

social network advertising

Julie said...

This is freaking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

vishnuprasath said...

The job openings is more in india, but many of them doesn't know their related job positions.
Its the right time to get into your dream career.
apply jobs for india

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long links with LinkShrink and get cash for every visit to your short urls.