Friday, September 19, 2008
Top 10 Ways To Tell This Was My Childhood Bedroom
I was looking through an old photo album yesterday and came across this picture (click to enlarge) I took in my bedroom when I was a freshman in high school. My friends were play fighting after soccer practice and I thought it was funny so I took a photo. Looking back, what's even more amusing is what's going on on the walls behind them. This room couldn't scream of adolescence more if it shouted, "I hate you, mom and dad! You don't UNDERSTAND me!!!" and then stomped off to it's own room. Let us count the ways:
1. Framed photo involving a kitten.
2. Rose that my first boyfriend gave to me on our one month anniversary.
3. One of those 3-D posters that were all the rage in the 90s where you have to let your eyes go out of focus to see the hidden picture within.
4. Poster of an otter. Adorbs!
5. Poster of a dolphin. Back when I was convinced I was going to be a marine biologist when I grew up.
6. A VHS VCR
7. Requisite Garfield stuffed animal
8. Old Babysitter's Club books
9. Regular fat Wheat Thins. Oh, those were the days.
10. A hammock chair. That was pretty awesome. I'd kind of like to have that now, actually. The year before I'd begged my parents to let me get rid of my regular bed and just get a hammock instead. This was the compromise.