Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More From Chelsea Handler

On page 127 of Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, she tells a story about sitting next to two random women at a restaurant in London:

One of them was very sweet, but the other didn’t seem very interested in mingling with Americans. I got this impression right after I said “Hello,” and she muttered, “Great, bloody Americans.” […]

Sarah told the girl that we absolutely loved it here and were having the best time in London. "What a great city you guys get to live in," she said, panting excitedly. This is when the mean girl decided she would add to the conversation.

"Yes, it's nice being exposed to civilization isn't it?" […]

“You know what, mean girl?” I said. “You are not a nice person. You should be a little more open-minded and not judge people based on what country they’re from. I’m not asking you why all the men in your country refuse to get circumcised, am I?

“Oh, that’s lovely,” she replied.

“No. Actually, it’s repulsive. They look like fucking aardvarks, and I really don’t appreciate it,” I said.

No comments: