Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm a Chelsea Girl



I recently discovered the genius of Chelsea Handler. I admit that her show can sometimes be painful, but her new book Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea is hysterical and I'm praying that no one comes out and accuses her of exaggerating her stories because I desperately want to believe that she once had a boyfriend who liked having his penis licked by tiny dogs and got jumped by three 14-year-old girls the day before her 30th birthday. The following passage from page 92 illustrates why she's my kind of people:

Austin and I proceeded to knock back a couple of Ketel One and grapefruit juices, which happened to be my drink of the moment. Someone told me that grapefruit was a great detoxifier and I decided I wanted to start cleaning out my liver while I was having a cocktail.

2 comments:

bakingwithplath said...

Chelsea Handler is so great. Everyone I know doesn't like her though and I just can't figure it out. She's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's nice that you can relate to her.