Monday, August 11, 2008

Cat Nap Or Stay Up All Night? A Dilemma

I'm scheduled to do a live interview with GMTV (the Today show of the U.K., according to the producers*) Tuesday morning about Madonna's 50th birthday. The catch? It's London time, not New York time, meaning that I have to be in the studio live at 4 a.m. So I find myself battling the question I often faced -- but never really figured out the answer to -- in college: Is it better to stay up all night and just power through or take some cat naps?

*The producers also said I should try to bring a lot of energy to the interview. I think we should aim a little lower, like being physically conscious, for instance.

UPDATE: I decided to stay up and power through. I was at the studio and at 3:58 a.m. -- two minutes before I was supposed to go on -- just as I was thinking to myself, "Wow I dunno how these people do this all the time. I could never do this again" we got word that a segment ran too long and they had to bump me to the next day. So I had to stay up the next night and do it all over again! The second time I arrived at the studio in a catatonic state and made arrangements to have the camera man shock paddle me awake when it was my cue.

6 comments:

Gonzo said...

It's all about the go juice. Power through and let caffine lead the way.

Chance Haywood said...

With this question you are starting to "sound" like an old woman. Sleep is for the dead.

Geoff said...

Do what we used to do, drink. Drink till 130am, then get the brilliant idea to drive to Foxwoods. That always kept me up.

Anonymous said...

Go clubbing and then you can just head to the studio when it's 4 am.

Franklin said...

Hey, Noelle, I'm curious to hear what you decided to do. Personally I'd power through it.

Have you ever tried 6 Hour Power? It's an energy shot that's perfect for those kinds of situations since it provides a 'pick me up' without the dreaded crash that some other energy drinks have.

It comes in 5 different fruity flavors, is sugar free, and has zero calories. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, by the way. If you ever give the drink a go I'd love to hear what you thought of it! Or contact me if you have any questions.

Franklin Keane
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Andy B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.