Monday, June 23, 2008

Sister, Sister


That's her on the left. She's also more photogenic.

I've finally come to terms with the fact that my 13-year-old sister is superior to me in every possible way. She has more friends. She got the lead in the school musical. She has shinier, more manageable hair. She's tanner. Right now she is at a swim meet in Arizona probably setting all sorts of records. (Right now I'm on our couch.) She's amazing. Her report card looks like the average temperature report for Houston in the month of June: 98, 100, 99, 99...See those medals on the wall behind us? Her other walls look exactly the same only with more trophies. She has so many trophies that my parents have to buy extra furniture just to have something to put the trophies on. I worry that when I fly back to NYC this week they're going to turn my room into her trophy room. Of course, I brought home some trophies in my day. The difference is that all of my trophies say "Most Improved" and all of hers say "Most Valuable." I'm Donald Swayze to her Patrick Swayze. Charlie Murphy to her Eddie Murphy. Hunter Johansson to her Scarlett Johansson. I could keep going but I can't think of any more. I wish Jordan were here. I know she could think of some better ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong, by Charlie Murphy. Classic!

Richard said...

But you can prolly drink her under the table so, you know, you got that goin' for ya.

John said...

They really should give out ribbons for being on basic cable gossip shows.

Anonymous said...

ummm, noelle, you are a true beauty. your boyfriend is one lucky mofo.