Thursday, June 05, 2008

More Gratuitous Pictures Of My Parakeets


At least someone in this family is sleeping.

Dad: "How are the parakeets?"

Me: "Honestly, maybe it's because I'm working from home now but I fall more and more in love with them each day. I finally understand how the universe convinces mothers to stay at home with their squalling infants."


Working from home when you own birds can be awkward, though. I was on the phone with an editor the other day when he interrupted me to ask, "Excuse me, are you calling me from a jungle? What is that chirping in the background?"

Please pour out some birdseed for Jesus the Parakeet who is going through a "severe molt" right now, according to the vet, and is genuinely unhappy with life.

3 comments:

Rbastid said...

I've gotten into conversations with customer service reps when they hear my bird in the background.

I've also unknowingly yelled at reps when I'm tryin to tell my dog to shut up when he feels he needs to protect the house from UPS.

MIke said...

I'm in love with your parakeets too. They are quite adorable. I'm leaning towards getting a pair for myself. Having chirping around the house sounds really nice.

I'll pray for Jesus. LOL

Noelle Hancock said...

Awww, thanks! And yes the chirping is very cheery. I highly recommend parakeets and I wasn't even really a Bird Person before I got them.