Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's Raining, Yo. Like, Seriously Raining.



It started pouring today while I was at the gym and of course I hadn't brought an umbrella. I considered stealing one from the communal bin next to the door where everyone leaves their wet umbrellas upon arrival but decided that was too cold. Instead I walked home wearing a shower cap. It was the best I could do under the circumstances. Along the way I started texting people so I wouldn't have to look up and see everyone's reaction to the crazy girl walking down the street wearing flip flops, shorts, a t-shirt and shower cap.

Me: "It is fucking gangster outside."

Jessica: "I love it. I'm sitting in my underwear in front of the a/c, drinking and watching Wayne's World 2. Don't tell me about gangster."

4 comments:

Big Wanda said...

How about a picture of Jessica?

Noelle Hancock said...

even better, i'll give you her website: http://www.jessicacoen.com/

Richard said...

Meanwhile, in Lower Pigsfoot Alabama, Joe Roy reaches into a stack of Kodak prints fresh from Wal-Mart and sez, "Look a-heah, Mama. Heah's one who was justa walkin' down the street in the powin' rain a-tappin on one of them fancy li'l phones? Git this...she was a-wearin' a SHOWA CAP!" Mama screws up her face, tilts her head back to get a better angle through her bifocals, squints at the snapshot, chuckles and sez "Well, I'll swan. It is a showa cap!" Both burst out laughing.

MIke said...

I hate to say it, but your posting may have just been trumped by one of your commenters.

That was hilarious, richard!