Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm Just Going To Go Back To Decorating With Posters

So I buy this wall hanging from the store CB2, which is like Crate and Barrel for people who cannot yet afford matching dinnerware. It’s a lovely wall hanging measuring about 6 by 6 feet but the store sells it to you in a 12 inch by 12 inch package, folded into a neat little square for easy transport. When I hung it up, I was bothered by the multiple creases that ran up and down the fabric in a grid pattern. I borrowed my boyfriend’s iron and tried to get the creases out myself, which is rather difficult when you don’t own an ironing board and are using your living room floor as a substitute. Finally I said to hell with it and I took it to the cleaners. “Can you just dry clean this to get the creases out?” I asked. They said it would be no problem and they weren’t lying. When I went to pick it up today, they had dry cleaned it. Then they had folded it up into a neat little square and slung it over a wire hanger. You know, for easy transport.