Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hi, I'm Noelle. I'll Be Your Mercenary Blogger Today

Sorry once again for the dearth of postage. I've been busy helping out over at New York magazine's Daily Intel blog while one of their bloggers is away on her honeymoon. The bad news is that I'm usually too tired at the end of the day to write on my personal blog. The great news is that I'm co-blogging with my lovely gay boyfriend Chris Rovzar, who also edited me at the Yale Daily News. He wrote a hilarious post introducing me last week, in which he pointed out (quite rightly) that he and I are far and away the least successful YDN alumni our age working in journalism right now. As evidence, he listed a bunch of our former college newspaper colleagues who've gone on to illustrious careers at places like The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. The best part? After that post went up, a Harvard Law student emailed in:

Hi Chris and Noelle,

i think you left off Perry Bacon who is a national reporter at the
Washington Post from your list of more impressive YDN alums...
although you are being a little hard on yourself, I personally think
being a New York gossip reporter is more impressive than, say,
writing articles for the Council on Foreign Relations.

Hope all's well.


At which point Chris turned to me and said, "Geez Louise, he's right! There's ANOTHER one. I'm also glad he emailed from Harvard Law School to point that out..."

No comments: