Tuesday, March 04, 2008

In Which I Interview Tom Hanks

Sometimes meeting your favorite celebrity can be like getting a disappointing steak. There’s such great buildup but then you leave with a bad taste in your mouth when they're not what you expected them to be. That’s why I was anxious about meeting Tom Hanks at last night’s premiere of the HBO series John Adams. What if The Nicest Guy in Hollywood™ turned out to secretly be...a douche?

But Tom couldn’t have been nicer unless the man had handed out rainbows and offered me a ride home on his pet unicorn. I immediately added him to the top of my Nicest Celebrities I've Ever Interviewed List where he joins Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon and Keri Russell.

He worked his way up and down the red carpet, talking to every media outlet at length. And later, after his handlers whisked him away into the movie, he came back out to talk to a reporter who'd missed him the first time around.

Watch me interview him on the red carpet for PageSix.com, as I remind everyone of the importance of powdering one's face before appearing on camera.

1 comment:

BCA said...

your smile at the end of the opening and closing doesn't look genuine. it looks like you did it b/c you're supposed to. now what isn't there to *really* smile about? can you work on it for next time.