Monday, March 03, 2008

Ginger Ale Killer Officially Unsettling My Stomach

I can't bring myself to go to my grocery store. One of the employees at my local supermarket went postal (groceral?) and stabbed a cashier in the torso with a butcher knife on Friday. Then he stabbed the bookkeeper in the torso and the leg before running out. The first woman, a 24-year-old woman named Tina Negron, died from her injuries. The second woman is in stable condition. The psycho is still at large.

According to The New York Times:
The police said Mr. Gonzalez now had a beard and wore a green jacket of some type with the words “Canada Dry.” They said he had been angry that Ms. Negron had broken off a romantic relationship.

Lord have mercy, you just never know who’s crazy, right? I dated a guy awhile back who seemed completely normal but would drink heavily whenever we had a fight and then have a breakdown and destroy inanimate objects. One morning after a particularly bad fight I stopped by his dorm room and found it completely trashed. He’d broken furniture, completely upended the room and had taken a football and shredded it into tiny pieces with a knife. Yet he had blacked out and had no recollection of what he'd done. I broke up with him and became afraid he was going to OJ Simpson my ass and reported the incident to one of the deans who wouldn’t even recommend that he go to therapy. Great support system there!

I looked up Tina’s MySpace page and recognized her immediately as a cashier that I’ve checked out with many times. She'd anointed herself “Ms. So Incredible” on her blog, which I love. This is horrible. She was so young and sweet. Nobody should die at the hands of a crazy ex-boyfriend in a bad theme jacket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To who ever posted this. I went out with Tina briefly in 2002 and I would like to talk about her. I remember one date I asked her if she spoke spanish and she said no, I replied your kidding right, she told me that her mom (in which I met on one of our dates with her sister) was deaf and no one spoke to her in spanish, she had learned sign language at a young age. She was absolutely beautiful in every sense of the word. I also remember she had a very healthy appetite, I have no idea where it all went. I seen her in key food once a few months ago and we spoke. I shopped there a couple of times afterward and I did not see her. Now I know why she had switched from the night shift to the day shift. At this point I seen her rarely we would speak and thats about it, we were merely acquaintances, so I do not know why I am so upset over this, I am guessing it is because of the way she was killed and the lack of respect this person had for human life. The last time I seen Tina was at her wake. I was and still am disturbed over all of this and seeing her in that coffin did not help. She busted her behind to help support her mom and now teenage sister who are both beyond devastated. I am hoping that once they catch this sub human who took this girls life that he challenges a cop and gets what he deserves. No sentence, no trial, no insane plea and no tax payers dollars for the time he serves in prison. I hope Tina is welcomed with open arms by Angels as well as God and that her soul is in eternal happiness.