Friday, February 08, 2008

Here's a Story



The scene: Fashion Week. Backstage at the Peter Som show on Monday, a member of the designer's team dubiously looks me up and down.

Man: “You’re not in the show are you?”

Me: “No, I’m a reporter.”

Man: “Oh good. Because I was going to say, ‘Girl, you have GOT to do something with that hair!’”


I think the problem is that I did try to do something with my hair a few weeks ago. I went for side-bangs but it ended up a little..bifurcated. Now I feel like I have a split-level home on top of my head. Luckily, my hair is really thick so there’s room for the entire Brady Bunch, Alice and her girlfriend. (Oh, like you didn’t know.)

2 comments:

Sara said...

On the very bright side, you got confused for a model!

Noelle Hancock said...

Haha. It's because I was wearing my 5-inch platform heels so I was over 6 feet tall.