Friday, January 04, 2008

This is Me…Then


Little did I know this was the best school photo I would ever take.


Boyfriend's reaction to photo: "Wow, I've seen that expression before."

Most people want to have children to continue their family blood line, make the world a better place, or give more significance to their own lives, but not me. I want to have kids because I want to hang out with a younger version of myself. It’s that simple. My self-enrapturement cannot be overstated.

I bring this up only because my mother sent me these old pictures earlier today for a work project and they only reaffirmed my reasons for eventual procreation. Seriously, how cute is that shit? In retrospect, it’s amazing I made it through childhood unmolested.

Of course, there is the possibility that my kids will be nothing like me, in which case they will be immediately dispatched to my parents’ home where they will be instructed that their grandparents’ names have been changed to “Mom” and “Dad.”


Yeah, I peaked at age 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In that last photo you looked like Michael Lucas.

The Cajun Boy said...

ass-shot please!