Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Way To Go, Cougars, Way To Go!



We had the television on at my new office yesterday so I got to enjoy E!’s hour-long special “Hollywood’s 25 Hottest Cougar Tales.” (Oh E! You're so punny and eternally enthusiastic.) Meanwhile, this morning the Today show devoted an entire segment to the phenomenon:

Too often the term cougar is used in a negative way that is unflattering to all women. It’s the image of an older, unhappy woman chasing after younger men. Nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, we are certainly attracting younger men, but they are the ones doing the chasing. The younger man is recognizing just how much we have to offer.

Allow me to share with you a story from a few years ago when a male friend of mine (probably 25 at the time) was dating an older woman. “You know, sometimes when I’m in bed with her, it’s so awesome because she’s older and more experienced and knows exactly what she wants," he said. "But then sometimes I just look at her and think, ‘Damn. You’re old.’”

The woman was like 32. This story will haunt me till the day I die. Or get my first face lift. Or both. R.I.P Kanye’s Momz!

No comments: