Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Worst Shoes You Will Ever See



I don't really know what's going on here with these shoes, which were on the feet of a woman standing next to me on a subway platform in Union Square on Saturday. Are they supposed to be fall transition footwear? The demon leather lovechild of a thong sandal and an ankle booty? They're like the shoe equivalent of the cop from The Village People.

I think they should not be worn by the cankle-afflicted; and I know they should not be worn by someone wearing Daisy Dukes with no back pockets, like this chick was. And, really, what is the point of Daisy Dukes with no back pockets? Where does the Skoal go?

6 comments:

sara said...

I am totally confused by the logistics of your pictures. Do you just walk around the city taking pics with your camera phone? Hilarious!

Lindsey said...

Love it. And I agree witht the comment above...btw, how sly are you in taking these pics? Do the people notice? Do you tell them it's because you admire their shoes/yellow nails, etc.?

Saddest part about this is that I just dated a guy who actually chewed Skoal. Classy...sigh.

Anonymous said...

wow, a skoal chewing guy in the city? my grandfather chews skoal.

Noelle Hancock said...

To answer your question, yes, I totally just go around taking pictures with my camera phone. People never notice! They just think that you're texting or surfing the net or something. Thank you, Special Zoom Feature!

Anonymous said...

ah, the zoom. i have to start taking advantage of that.

Noah Benjamin Tourjee said...

hahahahahaha you are too much. village people lol