Thursday, August 30, 2007

Myth Busting



My best friend Lindsey sent me a clip from the show MythBusters, a wildly popular series on the Discovery Channel that tests various urban legends, and answers all of your most pressing questions (usually the ones that you asked in kindergarten). The video Linds sent me was an experiment to find out what really happens when a bull patronizes a china shop.

Lindsey: “I have no idea why, but I found this amusing." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCuwO6sdws

Me: “My parents freaking love that show. Talk about it all the time. It answers questions like, 'If your elevator is plummeting to the ground and you jump at the last second, do you still die?' That was an actual question. Seriously."

Lindsey: “I actually visited the set last year for work. It was a lot of fun. One of the female cast members accidentally farted while they were filming and it was high-jinks all around.”

Me: “That’s awesome.”

Lindsey: “The question they were working on the day I was on-set was ‘If an alligator is chasing you, should you run away in a zig-zag pattern because alligators can’t turn fast enough to keep up with you? Or just run in a straight line?’

The answer, by the way, is: Don’t bother with the zig-zag, just run in a straight line because they’re actually not THAT fast.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you just never stop blogging? I came across this blog today and added it to my favorites. This is hilarious. Thanks.